The book fair, which targets the age groups between 4 and 14 years-old, provides a qualitative experience starting from carefully selected titles to accompanying programs, enriching children’s minds and allowing them to see magical worlds full of wondrous stories, experiences and diverse knowledge to inspire the children and develop their cognitive abilities.
Start of Open call: August 22, 2023
Closing The Open Call: October 5th, 2023
Communicating with the nominated Parties: October 13, 2023
This book fair stands out through its carefully curated selection of children’s books and everything related to their learning and development; offering a wide variety of Arabic and English books. Arabic books will take 70% of the book fair’s space while the remaining 30% will be filled by English publications.
Children are very important to the library and make up a large portion of its visitors, thus, the book fair gives both parents and children a large window to access stimulating books that would instill the love for reading in their chests and urge them to grow the habit of reading.
This book fair is available for families and individuals who support children’s learning development including teachers and vested entities, but the target groups for the books of the fair are children from 4 to 14 years old.
Yes, it will be held annually.
They will be selected as per the criteria of King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture (Ithra), and so were the books selected on the same principles. We will also expand the circle for participating publishing houses as per the conditions available on the registration page.
This book fair will consist of 20 publishing houses from Saudi, the GCC, the Arab World and an international guest country.
Featured book titles will vary depending on the standards of the book fair and the library.
The featured book titles are new, fresh and carefully selected, and there will also be a book exchange station which provides children with the chance to switch the books they have finished reading with the books of other children.
The books that are for sale are the titles which are listed in the Children’s Book Fair, while library books are available to borrow for those who have an Ithra Membership.
The featured books will have the same price for all visitors.
Entering the book fair is available to anyone as per the capacity of the Center only, and for those who wish to purchase please refer to the stations of participating publishing houses.
Various programs will be held during the book fair including workshops, talks and discussions. Visit the designated webpage here for more.
Registration will open on August 22, 2023.
Registration will close on September 21, 2023.
Selected publishing houses will be contacted on September 28, 2023.
Note: All details about the book fair will be explained to the participating publishing houses.