- What's on
- Special Programs
- Visit Us
- Become a Member
- Blog & News
Visit Ithra Connect while the Center is temporarily closed to the public.
The workshop will last for forty minutes, through which the lecturer will talk about the Arabic language anthropology. A discussion will then be held for twenty minutes. The lecturer will speak for another thirty minutes followed by a thirty-minute discussion. The workshop will cover the following topics:
- The history of the Arabic language and the different theories about its origin and evolution.
- The different Arabic dialects and what they have in common with the original Arabic language.
- How social life affects the language and vice versa.
- The social dialects—the different noted in the vernacular of people within one country or people from different social classes.
- What does language tell us about the culture of people who speak it (e.g., the use of metaphors in the Arabic language to address certain issues in a polite way).
Thursday 12th December, 2019
ArabicShow on Map