- What's on
- Special Programs
- Become a Member
- Blog & News
- Ithraeyat Magazine
Dear Ithra visitors, please note that Ithra closely follows government COVID-19 precautionary policies. For details, please check ‘The Center’s Policies’ on the main page.
Indonesia is famous for their textile, batik. Batik is a traditional art form in Indonesia. It is a technique of wax-resist dyeing applied fabric. In this workshop, participants will be introduced to a short history of batik, the diverse styles, and how to produce the designs. Participants will then be able to create their own batik designs.
- Learning the two categories of batik design.
- Learning how to design a batik.
- Selection and preparation of the fabric.
- How to draw a design on a fabric.
- Learning various techniques in waxing and dyeing.
- Learning the difference between the modern and traditional batiks.
- How to choose the fabric for different purposes of usage
- The basic steps of batik techniques
Day 1: Introduction - design process - the design is drawn out onto the cloth
Day 2: Waxing and dyeing - the fabric is ready for the first dye bath
Day 3: Dyeing - the fabric is put into the second dye bath
Zoom link: https://ithra.zoom.us/j/83523222622