Download our App
Open call: December 21, 2022
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Announcement: July 31, 2023
The Online Platform program of the Ithra Content Initiative aims to provide support for writing and online publishing projects of original and translated content. The grants support these forms:
The program provides grants ranging from 200,000 SAR to a maximum of 300,000 SAR per project.
Projects must be completed within two years of signing the contract, during which grantees must submit the necessary financial and narrative reports, in addition to the agreed-on final output.
To give more opportunities to artists and cultural institutions, applicant can apply with only two projects this year.
The grant covers project-related expenses;
Selected projects must be implemented in Saudi Arabia and be geared primarily to the Saudi audience.
The project timeframe shall not exceed 24 months. Only expenses that occurred after the signing of the contract and are approved by the grant management team will be considered eligible. The program does not cover expenses retroactively.
● Applications may only be submitted through the online application portal on the Ithra website.
● Applications submitted via regular mail or email will not be accepted.
● Incomplete applications or applications lacking sufficient supporting materials will be immediately disqualified. Ithra will not contact applicants to inform them if part of the application is missing.
● To apply, click here. (The submissions period is closed).
● The deadline for applying is March 31, 2023 at 5 p.m. (Saudi Arabia time).
● Please note that Ithra will not respond to any inquiries communicated after March 30, 2023.
- For articles, supporting material might be:
- For short stories:
- For poetry:
Following the submission deadline, Ithra will conduct an administrative check to ensure that applications are complete and adhere to the guidelines mentioned above. Only applications that pass the administrative check will be processed. An independent jurors’ committee will assess the applications and choose the projects to be granted. Please see Evaluation Process for more details.
Ithra is not obliged to cover the total amount of the requested grant.
The grant winners will be announced and published on the Ithra website and social media platforms. An automatic email will be sent to applicants whose projects were not selected to receive grants.
Before the grant winners are announced, Ithra will provide a grant contract to be signed by the nominated grantees. The contract will include start and end dates, grant amount, budget breakdown, financial requirements, payment schedule, general provisions, implementation and amendments, required reports and project results.
One (or more) advisor will be assigned to every winner to provide support during the implementation period, depending on the need of the project. The advisor can be on the technical or administrative levels.
The advisors are subject matter experts who will approve the milestone delivery, assuring that submissions’ quality matches the contract specifications and that the content complies with Ithra guidelines.