All Saudi and Saudi-based artists are invited to take part in the second edition of the Ithra Art Prize. The winning artist will receive financial support to realize their proposed work, which will be unveiled at Art Dubai 2019, taking place March 20-23, 2019 at Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai. The winning artist will be announced in January 2019 and the final work will go on to become a part of Ithra’s growing and prestigious art collection at the King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture – Ithra.
- Applicants must originate from Saudi Arabia or be based in Saudi Arabia for 10 years or more.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Applications are accepted from individual artists as well as collectives, and are limited to one artwork proposal per application
- The proposal should be for a new, original work, exclusive to Ithra and Art Dubai
GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Deadline for submission is December 06, 2018
- The work needs to be able to fit into crates, and be transported and reinstalled at Ithra, where it will be a permanent piece
- The project should not exceed SAR 375,000, including production, shipping, insurance and project management
- The proposal must be in line with the size (4m x 2.5m) and weight restrictions (500kg per square meter)
- Artwork should be completed and shipped to Dubai in time for the Art Dubai fair in March, 2019
- The production timeline should include any travel and research required, as well as details of the production and shipping to Dubai