Workshops Art & Design
Woodwork - Furniture Making (5 days)
7 January 2019 - 11 January 2019
Time: 5:00 PM
Duration: 3 Hours
Suitable for 16+ years.
Through hands-on coursework and lectures, students gain the skills needed to create a project of their own design. In this 5-day course, students learn basic woodworking techniques like cutting and measuring wood and the use of tools like saws and hammers. Topics covered include the safe use of power tools, environmental sustainability and safety protocol.
- Different types of woods & paint
- Painting Techniques
- Rules of wood cutting and storage
- Safety rules and tools in woodworking
- Introduction to woodworking tools
- Sanding techniques
- Wood Collecting
- Practical Application making the furniture piece
- Practical Application finishing the furniture piece
Workshop Level: Beginner
Workshop Prerequisites: -
Trainer: Yahya Jeragh
Yahya Jeragh is a freelancer who won several awards for his work and has over 15 years of experience. Yahya worked on several projects such as internal decoration designs, architecture work and artistic work for several companies.