Workshops Writing & Literature
The Art of Storytelling - 3 days
17 January 2019 - 19 January 2019
Time: 5:00 PM
Duration: 3 Hours
Suitable for 16+ years.
This 3-day workshop teaches participants the origin and history of storytelling, the importance of stories for children, and the skills to tell attention grabbing and interesting stories.
- Introduction to story telling
- The history of stories
- Importance of stories to children's development
- The basics of story telling (exercises and practice)
- Developing story telling skills
- Choosing the right story
- The basic elements of a story
- Voice, gestures, performance (exercises and practice)
- Participants tell stories
- Constructive criticism
Workshop Level: Beginner
Workshop Prerequisites: -
Trainer: Fatima Sharafeddine
Fatima Sharafeddine is fully dedicated to writing for children and young adults. Over the last 12 years, she has written and published more than 120 books, and translated several others from English and French into Arabic. She works with the publishers Kalimat (UAE), Dar al-Saqi (Lebanon), Asala (Lebanon), Dar al-Shourouk (Egypt), Turning Point (Lebanon) and Mijade (Belgium), Lamsa (UAE), Academia International (Lebanon).