Casting Call for Major Artwork 2019
The King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture (Ithra) is excited to announce that is has commissioned a major artwork by a pioneering contemporary Italian artist. This work will reflect Saudi Arabian society and culture.
On July 16 and 17, a photographer will be arriving from Italy into Dhahran and coming to Ithra to take photographs of Saudi Arabian culture, which will be captured in the final commissioned artwork. We are hosting an open casting call for participants to join. Stop by with your family for the chance to be featured in the final artwork!
- Join us at Ithra anytime between 6:00 -8:00 pm on either July 16 or 17.
- Attire is traditional Saudi clothing (ex. thoub or abaya).
- You have the option of being photographed on your own or with your family.
- The photography session will take 10-15 minutes.
- By participating, you consent that any photos taken may be selected for the final artwork.
- Registration for the photo shoot is required prior to attending the session via Ithra’s website: Register now!
Please note that participating does not guarantee appearing in the final artwork product.
Spaces are limited, so don’t miss a chance for you and your family to be part of one of the most iconic series of artworks “Mirror Paintings of the 21st century”. We would love to have you join us.
The Ithra Team